Call for Art: Quilt Alaska 2022
The Cabin Fever Quilters’ Guild is seeking quilt submissions for their 2022 biennial Quilt Alaska exhibition! Quilt Alaska is a non-juried biennial exhibition of traditional and contemporary quilting organized by the Cabin Fever Quilters’ Guild and hosted by Fairbanks Arts Association.
Online Submission Deadline: Saturday, May 28, 2022
Exhibition On View: July 1–30, 2022
First Friday: July 1, 2022, 12–7pm
Please read through the prospectus carefully before registering.
DESCRIPTION: A non-juried biennial exhibition of traditional and contemporary quilting organized by the Cabin Fever Quilters’ Guild and hosted by Fairbanks Arts Association.
Saturday, May 28 Online Registration Deadline
Sunday, June 26, 10–4 pm Entry Delivery & Photo Drop Off
Friday, July ,1 12–7 pm Opening Day
Sunday, July 31 10–4 pm Entry Pick Up
- For the purpose of this exhibit, “QUILT” is defined as three layers (top is the creatively designed side, a center batting, and then a back) joined together with threads in some sort of pattern or design.
- Open to artists 18 years or older who are members of the Cabin Fever Quilters’ Guild, or are residents of Interior Alaska, Doyon Region.
- Each artist/group is limited to one (1) entry. The original artist must submit the entry. Quilts of Valor participants may enter an individual quilt in addition to their Quilt of Valor group quilt.
- Work submitted must reflect the unique creative effort of the artist. No kits, copies, or exact replicas of other original artwork or published quilts. No copies of any published images or copyrighted characters, e.g. Disney.
- Entry must have been completed after July 2020 and not previously exhibited in the Bear Gallery.
- Entries must remain on display through Saturday, July 30, 2022.
- Entries will be handled with the greatest possible care and are insured against damage or loss for the duration of the exhibit. Fairbanks Arts is not responsible for minor wear resulting from normal handling.
- Fairbanks Arts retains a 35% commission on all sales, in the gallery and gift store. Works will be for sale unless otherwise noted as NFS (Not For Sale). Artist payments will be made within 30 days of the exhibit’s closure.
- Fairbanks Arts retains the right to photograph all works for documentation, publication, and education.
- Artwork should be photographed before being entered. If artwork sells before getting photographed, FAA will no longer release the work to the artist, it will go to the buyer.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENTRY DELIVERY:
- Deliver entry to the Bear Gallery, Alaska Centennial Center for the Arts in Pioneer Park on Sunday, June 26 between 10–4 pm.
- Bring a 4” x 6” photo of the artist when dropping off the quilt. The photo will be included next to the gallery label in the exhibition.
- Entries must be clean, dry, and free of pet hair and/or odors.
- With the exception of wearable garments, all entries must be ready to hang with 2 inches of Velcro (hook side) stitched firmly along both top and bottom edges of the velcro across the entire top of the quilt back. Large quilts need an additional 2” square tab of Velcro stitched to each bottom corner to aid in hanging.
- Entries can be picked up Sunday, July 31, 10-4 pm. No entries will be returned by mail.
- Artists interested in displaying works in Fairbanks Arts’ gift store must submit a gift shop artist application. Applications can be found on our website at https://fairbanksarts.org/bear-gallery-gift-shop-artists/