Fairbanks Arts Association’s Bear Gallery Gift Shop proudly features over one hundred local artists and artisans who work in a diversity of media. Fairbanks Arts invites new applications from artists on an ongoing basis.
Artists represented in the Bear Gallery Gift Shop should:
- Live and work in the state of Alaska (priority is given to interior Alaskan artists)
- Demonstrate a strong sense of creativity, high-quality craftsmanship, and technical ability
- Be a current Fairbanks Arts member
Selections will be made based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness for the Bear Gallery Gift Shop
- Price point appropriateness for a gift shop
- Design and structural quality of items
- Availability of genre and/or media existing in inventory at time of application
A member of the Fairbanks Arts staff will review your application and let you know if your artwork has been selected for inclusion in the Gift Shop within one business week. If your application is approved, you will be required to sign a Gift Shop Consignment Agreement which details all the responsibilities of Fairbanks Arts Association and the Consigner (artist). Applications not initially accepted will remain on file for 12 months; during this time, an applicant may be invited to consign work in the Gift Shop.
Items are sold on consignment with a rate of 65% of the sale going to the artist.
Works will be considered Fairbanks Arts property if left in the care of Fairbanks Arts for more than 45 days after item retrieval date, noted on your Gift Shop Consignment Agreement. During this period, three attempts will also be made via phone and email to contact the Consigner. If no communication is established during these attempts, the artwork will automatically be considered abandoned and become property of Fairbanks Arts Association without further notice.
Fairbanks Arts Association reserves the right to decline an application if it does not meet the guidelines listed above.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.