The Literary Arts Committee of Fairbanks Arts Association invites authors from Alaska to submit for review work samples for possible readings in the Bear Gallery. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis by the committee, and readings will be scheduled based on merit. The committee is always looking for new writers.
- Up to one reading a month on an agreed-upon date and time.
- Readings can be shared between multiple authors with the complete reading event lasting 60 minutes, including question/answer time.
- Fairbanks Arts encourages authors to participate in a book signing during and after the reading.
- Volunteers will set up the event space with seating.
- If books are for sale, Fairbanks Arts will handle the sales of books. Authors may expect a check in the month following their reading. During book signings, books are sold on consignment, with 80% of the sales going to the author. If there is no signing, books are sold on a 65% consignment.
Members of the Fairbanks Arts Literary Art Committee will review applications. If your application is approved and you are selected for a reading, a member of the Fairbanks Arts staff will contact you with more details. Fairbanks Arts reserves the right to decline any application.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Fairbanks Arts programs are made possible by individual and corporate contributions, the City of Fairbanks Hotel/Motel Bed Tax, Fairbanks North Star Borough and Alaska State Council on the Arts.