A Biennial Exhibition of Traditional
and Contemporary Quilting
Exhibition On View: July 3-August 1, 2020
Opening Reception: July 3, 2020, 5-7pm
Location: Bear Gallery
(3rd floor of Alaska Centennial Center for the Arts, Pioneer Park)
DESCRIPTION: A non-juried biennial exhibition of traditional and contemporary quilting organized by the Cabin Fever Quilters’ Guild and hosted by Fairbanks Arts Association.
Sunday, May 31: Entry Form & Photo Postmark Deadline
Sunday, June 28, 12-6 pm: Entry Delivery
Friday, July 3, 5-7 pm: Opening Reception
Sunday, August 2, 12-6 pm: Pick up exhibit entry
- For the purpose of this exhibit, “QUILT” is defined as three layers (top is the creatively designed side, a center batting, and then a back) joined together with threads in some sort of pattern or design.
- Open to artists 18 years or older who are members of the Cabin Fever Quilters’ Guild, or are residents of Interior Alaska, Doyon Region.
- Each artist/group is limited to one entry. The original artist must submit the entry.
- Work submitted must reflect the unique creative effort of the artist. No kits, copies, or exact replicas of other original artwork or published quilts. No copies of any published images or copyrighted characters, e.g. Disney. Contact the Cabin Fever Quilters’ Guild coordinator (see reverse) with any questions prior to the delivery date.
- Entry must have been completed after July 2018 and not previously exhibited in the Bear Gallery.
- Entries must remain on display through Saturday August 1, 2020.
- Entries will be handled with the greatest possible care and are insured against damage or loss for the duration of the exhibit. Fairbanks Arts is not responsible for minor wear resulting from normal handling.
- Fairbanks Arts retains a 35% commission on all sales, in the gallery and gift store. Works will be for sale unless otherwise noted as NFS (Not For Sale). Artist payments will be made within 30 days of the exhibit’s closure.
- Fairbanks Arts retains the right to photograph all works for documentation, publication, and education.
- Artwork should be photographed before being entered. If artwork sells before getting photographed, FAA will no longer release the work to the artist, it will go to the buyer.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENTRY DELIVERY:
- Deliver entry to the Bear Gallery, Alaska Centennial Center for the Arts in Pioneer Park on Sunday, June 28 between 12-6 pm.
- Entries must be clean, dry, and free of pet hair and/or odors.
- With the exception of wearable garments, all entries must be ready to hang with 2 inches of Velcro (hook side) stitched firmly along both top and bottom edges of the velcro across the entire top of the quilt back. Large quilts need an additional 2” square tab of Velcro stitched to each bottom corner to aid in hanging.
- Entries can be picked up August 2, 12-6 pm. No entries will be returned by mail.
- Artists interested in displaying works in Fairbanks Arts’ gift store must submit a ‘gift shop artist application. Applications can be found on our website, https://fairbanksarts.org/bear-gallery-gift-shop-artists/
Instructions for Entry:
A completed entry form, along with a 4” x 6” photo of the artist must be mailed on or before May 31, 2020 to Guild Coordinator Kathy Richardson, 1032 8th Avenue, Fairbanks, Alaska 99701. For questions, call 907-378-1834 or email email@example.com.