Juror: Jamie Bates Slone
Art Intake: Saturday + Sunday, September 28 & 29, 12-6pm
Juror’s Talk: Monday, September 30, 7pm
Opening Reception: Friday, October 4, 5-7pm
Painting – Drawing – Ceramics – Original Prints – Sculpture – Mixed Media – Photography
Fairbanks Arts Association invites artists from Interior Alaska to submit their artwork for consideration in this year’s fall juried exhibition. In its 34th year, 64th Parallel Exhibition showcases work by artists from Interior Alaska creating in a variety of media. Fairbanks Arts is pleased to invite a guest juror from outside of Alaska to select from the artwork submitted to 64th Parallel. Jamie Bates Slone, a visual artist from Oklahoma is this year’s juror and will choose from all entered pieces to curate the exhibit on view in October.
Juror’s Choice – $125
2nd Place – $100
3rd Place $75
Jared Baker “Gutsy Art Award” – $75
- Entries are limited to four (4) and must be submitted by the artist.
- Entries must be paid in full at the time of submission.
- Only artists residing in the Interior of Alaska, Doyon Region, may enter works
- Original artwork only. Work must reflect the artist’s unique creative effort.
- No kits. No copies or replicas of other original artwork or published artwork. (No copies of any published images or copyrighted characters, e.g. Disney).
- Selected entries must remain on view through 6pm on Saturday, October 26, 2019.
- Artwork should be photographed or digitally copied before being entered. If artwork sells before getting photographed or copied, FAA will no longer release the work to the artist, it will go to the new owner or buyer.
- Entries will be handled with the greatest possible care and are insured against damage or loss for the duration of the exhibit. FAA is not responsible for minor wear resulting from normal handling.
- FAA retains a 35% commission on all exhibit sales. Works will be for sale unless noted as NFS (not for sale). Artist payments will be made within 30 days after an exhibit’s closure.
- Works will be considered FAA property if left in the care of FAA for more than 45 days after the determined pick up day, Sunday, October 27, 2019. During this period, three attempts will also be made to contact the artist (phone and email); if no communication is established
- during these attempts, artwork is automatically considered abandoned and becomes FAA property without further notice.
- Submitting an entry constitutes agreement on the part of the artist to all conditions in this prospectus.
- Entries must be ready for display, matted and framed.
- Works to be hung on the wall must have wire hangers. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS.
- Unusual hanging mechanisms must be approved by Fairbanks Arts Association.
- Large quilts must have 2 inches of Velcro stitched along the entire top. NO VELCRO, NO ACCEPTANCE.
Fairbanks Arts programs are made possible by individual and corporate contributions, the City of Fairbanks Hotel/Motel Bed Tax, Fairbanks North Star Borough and Alaska State Council on the Arts.