Gift Shop Artist of the Month
Printworthy by Macy Possenti
Featured: December 4–23, 2020
Gift Shop Hours: Monday–Friday, noon–6 pm
As a resident of the North, Macy is surrounded by beauty: towering mountains, crafty ravens, weathered birch trees, and the energizing solstice sun. While Alaska is full of superlatives, she strives to showcase its simplicity–to give attention to the often-overlooked flora and fauna, and break down each element to its simplest form. She hopes that by reducing the complexity of the designs in her prints and textiles, we can better appreciate all that the Last Frontier has to offer.
Bear Gallery visitors please note:
Entering the building: Until further notice, the south entrance of the Centennial Center (facing the main parking lot) will be closed to the public. In an effort to reduce the amount of traffic through the building, visitors must use the north doors (those facing the carousel and playground).
COVID-19 mitigation measures: Fairbanks Arts’ board of directors has approved COVID-19 mitigation measures that include (but are not limited to):
- Visitors to the Bear Gallery must wear a mask. We ask that visitors bring and wear their own masks at all times. No entry without a mask.
- Social distancing of no less than 6ft apart must be observed within the Bear Gallery.
- The current limit of visitors in the gallery at one time is 10 individuals.
- Our COVID-19 mitigation plan involves the frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces to ensure the safety of our guests, volunteers, and staff.
- Our complete mitigation plan is available upon request. Email email@example.com to receive a copy.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this effort to stay open while supporting artists and arts supporters safely and responsibly.