Programs & Communications Coordinator
Fairbanks Arts is looking for a Programs & Communications Coordinator (PCC) to join our team!
Fairbanks Arts Association is seeking a Programs & Communications Coordinator (PCC) to join our team. The position pays $17.50/hr and is full-time requiring 35-40 hours per week and reports to the Associate Director. The PCC works some evenings and weekends, depending on programs. All scheduling to be approved by Fairbanks Arts’ Associate Director.
The PCC works in cooperation with Fairbanks Arts’ staff and is responsible for implementing quality programs, deepening program participation, and making the general public aware of Fairbanks Arts’ programs and activities. The PCC is responsible for planning and implementing promotional strategies for programs, which includes creating content and designing promotional materials for media and target audiences. This position is an opportunity for someone to dive into the Fairbanks Arts community and is ideal for someone who enjoys interacting with the public, thinks critically, takes initiative, and values learning and contributing in a fast-paced environment.
This position will stay open until filled.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management, organizational, and time management skills
- High-level efficiency, recall, and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple work assignments, and meet deadlines with focus
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite products
- Demonstrated ability with social media marketing and promotional strategies with understanding of current trends
- Strong aesthetic sense with knowledge of layout and design for print and web-based promotional materials
- Ability to work with staff members, volunteers, and patrons with a high level of professionalism, diplomacy, and tact
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment and in a collaborative manner
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is preferred
- Must have excellent follow-through and persistence in corresponding with program participants, media contacts, and volunteers
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement and facilitate programs while coordinating with appropriate staff on all aspects (volunteer needs, sales, etc.)
- Coordinate and maintain in-house programs schedule and update internal calendars with all Fairbanks Arts program details
- Maintain program files and complete reports/evaluations
- Provide weekly program updates to Fairbanks Arts staff
- Develop strategies and schedules for the promotion of Fairbanks Arts programs, events, and activities including identifying target audiences and the most effective methods of reaching them (social media, direct mail, and email promotions)
- Create cohesive image and messaging for all print and online communications, including but not limited to: newsletter, brochures, fundraising materials, press kits, social media
- Maintain databases of community and press contacts and develop/strengthen relationships with local and regional contacts
- Maintain the Fairbanks Arts website (WordPress)
- Monitor and catalog all media coverage of Fairbanks Arts’ activities across print, broadcast, and social media outlets
- Coordinate and update external calendars with all Fairbanks Arts program details
- Provide weekly communications updates to Fairbanks Arts staff
About Fairbanks Arts Programs
The PCC will work closely with all staff members and volunteers to implement various aspects of programs. The ability to delegate tasks to volunteers with accuracy and patience is of key importance. Volunteer assistance bolsters community involvement in the organization and is of great help to the PCC. Visual and literary programs are the most time-intensive, while performing programs require significantly less time.
Visual Arts Programs
- Monthly exhibits in the Bear Gallery, including juried, traveling, an open entry, and solo/group shows
- Workshops/Artist Talks
- Other events, as assigned. Fairbanks Arts would like to remain open to visual arts program opportunities that may come along and details will be discussed should they arise
Literary Arts Programs
- Monthly readings in the Bear Gallery
- Annual Statewide Poetry Contest
- Other events, as assigned. Fairbanks Arts would like to remain open to literary arts program opportunities that may come along and details will be discussed should they arise
Performing Arts Programs
- Gazebo Nights summer performance series from June-August
- TIPS busking program (Totally Impromptu Performance Series) in Pioneer Park
- Other opportunities: Fairbanks Arts often collaborates with groups or facilitates performers passing through
Please send a cover letter detailing how you would contribute to the programs and communications at Fairbanks Arts Association, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
No Facebook applications will be considered.