Fairbanks Arts is looking for a Programs Associate (PA) to join our team!
Fairbanks Arts Association is seeking a Programs Associate (PA) to join our team. The position pays $17/hr, ranges 30-40 hours per week, and reports to the Associate Director. The PA works some evenings and weekends, depending on events and programs. All scheduling to be approved by Fairbanks Arts’ Associate Director.
The PA works in cooperation with Fairbanks Arts’ staff and is responsible for assisting with the implementation of quality programs, deepening program participation, and making the general public aware of Fairbanks Arts’ programs and activities. The PA will primarily run literary arts programming, arts in education programming, and volunteer coordination, as well as other programming tasks as needed. This position is an opportunity for someone to dive into the Fairbanks Arts community and is ideal for someone who enjoys interacting with the public, thinks critically, takes initiative, and values learning and contributing in a fast-paced environment.
This position will stay open until filled.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management, organizational, and time management skills
- High-level efficiency, recall, and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple work assignments, and meet deadlines with focus
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to work with staff members, volunteers, and patrons with a high level of professionalism, diplomacy, and tact
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment and in a collaborative manner
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is preferred
- Must have excellent follow-through and persistence in corresponding with program participants and volunteers
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Literary & Education Programs
- Implement and facilitate programs while coordinating with appropriate staff on all aspects (volunteer needs, sales, email, etc.)
- Coordinate and maintain in-house programs schedule and update internal calendars with Fairbanks Arts program details
- Maintain program files and complete reports/evaluations
- Provide weekly program updates to Fairbanks Arts staff
- Coordinate and maintain volunteer schedule and update accordingly
- Further volunteer engagement and recruit and train volunteers as needed
About Fairbanks Arts Programs
The PA will work closely with the Programs & Communications Coordinator and other staff members and volunteers to implement various aspects of programs. The ability to delegate tasks to volunteers with accuracy and patience is of key importance. Volunteer assistance bolsters community involvement in the organization and is of great help to the PA. Visual education, and literary programs are the most time-intensive, while performing programs require significantly less time.
Visual Arts Programs
- Monthly exhibits in the Bear Gallery, including juried, traveling, open entry, and solo/group shows
- Workshops/artist talks
- Fairbanks Arts remains open to visual arts program opportunities that may come along and details will be discussed should they arise
Literary Arts Programs
- Monthly readings in the Bear Gallery
- Annual Statewide Poetry Contest
- Fairbanks Arts remains open to literary arts program opportunities that may come along and details will be discussed should they arise
Performing Arts Programs
- Gazebo Nights summer performance series from June-August
- TIPS busking program (Totally Impromptu Performance Series) in Pioneer Park
- Fairbanks Arts remains open to performing arts program opportunities that may come along and details will be discussed should they arise
- Artist In School Residencies
- FACE School Performances
- Fairbanks Arts remains open to arts education program opportunities that may come along and details will be discussed should they arise
Please send a cover letter detailing how you would contribute to programs at Fairbanks Arts Association, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com.
No Facebook applications will be considered.
About Fairbanks Arts: Fairbanks Arts Association is a dynamic organization that has served Interior Alaska through the arts since 1966 with quality visual, literary, performing and arts education programs. Fairbanks Arts plays a central leadership role in the arts community, providing opportunities and resources for artists and organizations and believes in building a vibrant, healthy community through the arts.