Twenty-First Annual Statewide Poetry Contest
Deadline Extended to March 16, 2015 at 6 PM
Fairbanks Arts Association is very pleased to announce that the 2015 Statewide Poetry Contest judge will be Alaskan author, Joan Kane!
Joan Naviyuk Kane is the author of The Cormorant Hunter’s Wife and Hyperboreal. A 2014 recipient of the American Book Award, and Whiting Writers’ Award recipient, she’s on the faculty for the graduate creative writing program at the Institute of American Indian Arts and is at work on new poems and across genres.
Fairbanks Arts Association’s Literary Arts Committee is accepting entries beginning January 2, 2015 for the 21st Annual Statewide Poetry Contest. The purpose of the contest is to encourage, publicize and reward the writing of high quality poetry in Alaska. Winners of the contest will be announced in April, 2015.
Monday, March 16, 2015 at 6 pm
Hand-delivered or postmarked
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Use the form below and pay via PayPal if you wish. If you have a unique format for your poem, you may email the poem and cover sheet to email@example.com in addition to completing the form below.
Divisions & Awards:
Adult 1st Place $150 | 2nd Place $100 | 3rd Place $50
High School 1st Place $100 | 2nd Place $50 | 3rd Place $25
Middle 1st Place $75 | 2nd Place $40 | 3rd Place $20
Elementary 1st Place $50 | 2nd Place $30 | 3rd Place $15
Elementary, Middle and High School:
$3 per poem or $10/four poems.
$4 per poem or $13/four poems
Send entries with entry fee to:
(Checks should be made payable to Fairbanks Arts Association)
Fairbanks Arts Association
FAA Poetry Contest 2015
P.O. Box 72786
Fairbanks, AK 99707
Or use the PayPal button below.
• Open to Alaska residents only.
• No more than four poems per author may be entered.
• All poems must be original and not previously published.
• Each must be typed or formatted to an 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet of paper and may not exceed 100 lines in length.
• A separate cover page should include name, address, phone and division, as well as the titles of all poems submitted. Author’s name should not appear on any poems.
• DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS: Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees for these will be accepted via PayPal, the phone, mail or in person.
Submissions will not be entered without the fee.
No entries will be returned. A list of winners will be sent if SASE is included.
For any questions, please call 456.6485 ext. 227 or email email@example.com