Fairbanks Arts Association is seeking an Arts Administrative Assistant (AAA) to join our team. The position pays $17/hr and ranges 35-40 hours per week and reports to the Executive Director. The AAA works some evenings and weekends, depending on events. All scheduling is to be approved by Fairbanks Arts’ Executive Director.
The AAA plays an important role in supporting efficient office operations by supporting Fairbanks Arts staff, assisting in daily office needs, and coordinating the organization’s general administrative activities. The AAA works in cooperation with Fairbanks Arts’ staff and is responsible for administrative tasks around the office including, but not limited to, duties listed below. This position is an opportunity for someone to dive into the Fairbanks Arts community and is ideal for someone who enjoys routine, thinks critically, takes initiative, and values learning and contributing in a fast-paced environment.
This position will remain open until filled.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management, organizational, and time management skills
- High-level efficiency, recall, and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple work assignments, and meet deadlines with focus
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, Google Suite
- Ability to work with staff members, volunteers, and patrons with a high level of professionalism, diplomacy, and tact
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment and in a collaborative manner
- Experience working with a non-profit organization is preferred
- Must have excellent follow-through and persistence
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and schedule meetings occurring in the office, offsite, and via video conference. Take meeting notes as necessary
- Maintain office calendars
- Collect, process, prepare, and ship mail
- Prepare communications such as emails, reports, and other correspondence
- Copy, scan, collate and file documents
- Draft and edit content for various materials and platforms
- Maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Data entry
- Assist with the implementation of new programs, procedures, and systems
- Monitor office supplies inventory, anticipate needed supplies, and restock as necessary
- Shop for necessary office and program supplies
- Gather data and materials for annual reports, grants, presentations, etc.
- Attend to administrative requests and queries from colleagues
- Support visitors, members, and artists with polite communication, providing information and answering questions and requests
- Ensure operation of equipment by assisting with preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, and maintaining equipment inventories
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Maintain contact lists
About Fairbanks Arts Programs
The AAA works closely with other staff members and volunteers to advance various aspects of programs. The ability to delegate tasks to volunteers with accuracy and patience is of key importance. The AAA should be aware of all the Fairbanks Arts programs listed below.
Visual Arts Programs
- Monthly exhibits in the Bear Gallery, including juried, traveling, an open entry, and solo/group shows
- Workshops/Artist Talks
- Other opportunities: Fairbanks Arts would like to remain open to visual arts program opportunities that may come along and details will be discussed should they arise
Literary Arts Programs
- Monthly readings in the Bear Gallery
- Annual Statewide Poetry Contest
- Other opportunities: Fairbanks Arts would like to remain open to literary arts program opportunities that may come along and details will be discussed should they arise
Performing Arts Programs
- TIPS busking program (Totally Impromptu Performance Series) in Pioneer Park
- Other opportunities: Fairbanks Arts often collaborates with groups and facilitates performers passing through
- Summer artist markets in Pioneer Park
- Mega-Bazaar, a holiday market bazaar held on Small Business Saturday in November
- Other events, as assigned. Fairbanks Arts would like to remain open to event opportunities that may come along and details will be discussed should they arise
Please send a cover letter detailing what you would bring to this role at Fairbanks Arts, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
No Facebook applications will be considered.
About Fairbanks Arts: Fairbanks Arts Association is a dynamic organization that has served Interior Alaska through the arts since 1966 with quality visual, literary, performing, and arts education programs. Fairbanks Arts plays a central leadership role in the arts community, providing opportunities and resources for artists and organizations and believes in building a vibrant, healthy community through the arts.