Fairbanks Arts Association is seeking an Events & Outreach Coordinator (EOC) to join our team. The position pays $20/hr, ranges 30-40 hours per week, and reports to the Executive Director. The EOC works some evenings and weekends, depending on events. All scheduling to be approved by Fairbanks Arts’ Operations Manager.
The EOC works in cooperation with Fairbanks Arts’ staff and is responsible for deepening public participation and investment in Fairbanks Arts through the implementation of high quality events. This position is an opportunity for someone to dive into the Fairbanks Arts community and is ideal for someone who enjoys interacting with the public, thinks critically, takes initiative, and values learning and contributing in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management, organizational, and time management skills
- High-level efficiency, recall, and attention to detail
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, prioritize multiple work assignments, and meet deadlines with focus while maintaining a relationship-building attitude
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment and in a collaborative manner, demonstrating an ability to work with staff members, volunteers, and Fairbanks Arts patrons with a high level of professionalism, diplomacy, and tact
- Must have excellent follow-through and persistence in corresponding with event participants, media contacts, and volunteers
- Previous experience coordinating events and/or in roles that require an understanding of hospitality and public relations
- Experience in executing successful recruitment practices and strategies
- Experience working with a non-profit organization is preferred, but not required
Duties & Responsibilities
Specific events are listed below.
- Plan, implement, and execute all logistical components of events, including but not limited to setup & breakdown, volunteer staffing, vendor registration, community partnership opportunities, promotional materials, venue & equipment rental/reservation, etc.
- Adhere to all City, Borough, and State regulations to plan safe, compliant events on behalf of Fairbanks Arts
- Plan events with consideration to time and budget constraints for events as defined by Fairbanks Arts staff
- Assist with the improvement and implementation of strategies for promoting Fairbanks Arts events, including identifying target audiences and the most effective methods of reaching them (social media, direct mail, email promotions, etc.)
- Create and edit documentation that pertains to events, including but not limited to rules & regulations for vendor registration, contracts for compensation of performers, internal calendar notifications, performance schedules, registration forms, email templates, etc.
- Create and maintain clear documentation throughout planning and implementation stages of event coordination in order to inform and improve future Fairbanks Arts events
- Maintain foresight and plan for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of an event
- After events are over, create thorough event report(s) in which all relevant information about planning and execution are collected and success is evaluated, in order to share with Fairbanks Arts staff and relevant granting agencies
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, venues, organizations, businesses, and volunteers, as well as research opportunities for new and expanding partnerships
- Provide weekly event updates to Fairbanks Arts staff throughout planning stages
- Assist with the fundraising for events and develop actionable plans for fundraising during events
- Advance Fairbanks Arts’ mission and strategic goals by representing the organization’s vision at every event
- Maintain current community relationships, as well as proactively network for new community contacts with the intention of building ongoing, long-term relationships
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement annual recruitment and engagement plan
- Coordinate and provide staff support as necessary at job fairs and community events
- Evaluate volunteer and member recruitment efforts and make recommendations for improvement
- Invite, add, and join social media groups to establish and maintain digital relationships for outreach and recruitment
- Provide continuous follow-up to deepen engagement
- Assist with maintenance of community information database
- Help design and implement community outreach efforts/initiatives
About Fairbanks Arts Events
The EOC will work closely with other staff members and volunteers to implement any and all aspects of events. The ability to thoroughly visualize event details and to delegate tasks to volunteers with accuracy and patience is of key importance. Volunteer assistance bolsters community involvement in the organization and is of great help to the EOC. The EOC should be aware of all the Fairbanks Arts programs and their corresponding events listed below.
- Monthly exhibits in the Bear Gallery, including juried, traveling, open call, and solo/group shows, with opening reception events on the first Friday of each month
- Workshops/Artist Talks
- Monthly readings in the Bear Gallery
- Annual Statewide Poetry Contest
- Totally Impromptu Performance Series (T.I.P.S.) busking program in Pioneer Park (summer only)
- Gazebo Nights, regular performance series in Pioneer Park’s Gazebo (summer only)
- Chena Lake Art & Music Festival, held in July at Chena Lakes Recreation Area in North Pole
- Handmade Holiday Market, a bazaar held in November (Small Business Saturday) in Pioneer Park
- Arts & Crafts Rummage Sale, held in the fall in Pioneer Park’s Centennial Center
Other opportunities: Fairbanks Arts would like to remain open to new opportunities that may come along within each of these aforementioned categories. Details will be discussed should they arise.
Please send a cover letter detailing how you would contribute to events and outreach efforts at Fairbanks Arts Association, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
No Facebook or Indeed applications will be considered. Please note, while Fairbanks Arts lists opportunities on Indeed, we ask that applicants adhere to the above application instructions.
About Fairbanks Arts: Fairbanks Arts Association is a dynamic organization that has served Interior Alaska through the arts since 1966 with quality visual, literary, performing and arts education programs. Fairbanks Arts plays a central leadership role in the arts community, providing opportunities and resources for artists and organizations and believes in building a vibrant, healthy community through the arts.