Fairbanks Arts Association invites current members to submit their work for F.A.M. (Fairbanks Arts Member) Invitational Exhibition on view January 8 – 29 in the Bear Gallery. There is no jury process or fee associated with this exhibit; this show is an open invitation to all artists with a current Fairbanks Arts membership. Each artist is allowed one entry.
Not a current member? Join as a member at any level now!
In an effort to limit contact while Fairbanks Arts’ board-approved COVID-19 mitigation measures are in place, exhibition participants must complete the F.A.M. Invitational registration form online no later than noon on Saturday, January 2, 2021.
Artwork can only be delivered to the Bear Gallery once the F.A.M. Invitational registration form is submitted online. Click HERE to complete the online registration for this show.
Saturday, January 2, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday, January 3, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Deliver entries to the Fairbanks Arts Association’s Bear Gallery
(3rd Floor of the Alaska Centennial Center for the Arts) Pioneer Park, 2300 Airport Way
Bear Gallery visitors please note:
Entering the building: Until further notice, the south entrance of the Centennial Center (facing the main parking lot) will be closed to the public. In an effort to reduce the amount of traffic through the building, visitors must use the north doors (those facing the carousel and playground).
COVID-19 mitigation measures: Fairbanks Arts’ board of directors has approved COVID-19 mitigation measures that include (but are not limited to):
- Visitors to the Bear Gallery must wear a mask. We ask that visitors bring and wear their own masks at all times. No entry without a mask.
- Social distancing of no less than 6ft apart must be observed within the Bear Gallery.
- The current limit of visitors in the gallery at one time is 10 individuals.
- Our COVID-19 mitigation plan involves the frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces to ensure the safety of our guests, volunteers, and staff.
- Our complete mitigation plan is available upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this effort to stay open while supporting artists and arts supporters safely and responsibly.
Exhibition on view:
Friday, January 8 – Friday, January 29, 2020
Bear Gallery hours: M-F, 12-6 p.m.
- Limited to one entry, submitted only by the artist, and must be a current Fairbanks Arts Member.
- Current Fairbanks Arts Members statewide (AK) may submit art.
- Original artwork only. Work must reflect the artist’s unique creative effort.
- No kits. No copies or exact replicas of other original artwork or published artwork (no copies of any published images or copyrighted characters, i.e. Disney).
- Work must have been completed within the last two years and not previously exhibited in the Bear Gallery.
- Selected entries remain on view through 6 p.m., Friday, January 29, 2021.
- Entries will be handled with the greatest possible care and are insured against damage or loss for the duration of the exhibit. Fairbanks Arts Association is not responsible for minor wear resulting from normal handling.
- Artwork should be photographed or digitally copied before being entered. If artwork sells before getting photographed or copied, Fairbanks Arts Association will no longer release the work to the artist, it will go to the buyer.
- Fairbanks Arts Association retains a 35% commission on all exhibit sales. Works will be for sale unless noted as NFS (Not for Sale). Artists’ payments will be made within 30 days of the exhibit’s closure.
- Artist agrees to allow the use of images of the work for promoting the show.
- Submitting an entry constitutes agreement on the part of the artist to all conditions in the prospectus.
- Works will be considered Fairbanks Arts property if left in the care of Fairbanks Arts for more than 45 days after the determined pick-up day, Sunday, January 31, 2021. During this period, three attempts will also be made to contact the artist (phone and email); if no communication is established during these attempts, the artwork is automatically considered abandoned and becomes Fairbanks Arts property without further notice.
- Submit the online registration form BEFORE you bring your artwork to the Bear Gallery.
- Entries must be ready for display. Works to be hung on the wall must have wire hangers. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS will be permitted. For those new to wire hanging, visit this tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
- Unusual hanging mechanisms must be approved by Fairbanks Arts, call 907-251-8386 ext. 3.
- Quilts must have 2 inches of Velcro stitched along the entire top and bottom: NO VELCRO, NO ACCEPTANCE.
- Submissions that are polyptych need to be priced as one piece.
F.A.M. Invitational Registration Deadline: 12 p.m. on Saturday, January 2nd.