Limited Edition: An Open Exhibition of Small Works
Fairbanks Arts Association invites artists residing in Interior Alaska to submit their work for Limited Edition: An Open Exhibition of Small Works. There is no jury process associated with this exhibit; this show is an open invitation to Interior artists. Works must be no larger than 12 inches in any direction, including the size of the frame. This exhibition consists of a buy, take, and replace model. All works on view must be available for purchase. Once purchased, a buyer can take the work immediately upon payment. After the artwork has left the gallery, the artist may put a new work in its place.
In an effort to limit contact while Fairbanks Arts’ board-approved COVID-19 mitigation measures are in place, exhibition participants must complete the Limited Edition registration form online no later than noon on Saturday, October 31, 2020.
Artwork can only be delivered to the Bear Gallery once the Limited Edition registration form is submitted online. Click HERE to complete the online registration for this show.
Sunday, November 1, 1-5 p.m.
Monday, November 2, 1-5 p.m.
Deliver entries to Fairbanks Arts Association’s Bear Gallery
(3rd Floor- Alaska Centennial Center for the Arts) Pioneer Park, 2300 Airport Way
Exhibition on view:
Friday, November 6 – Friday, November 27, 2020
Bear Gallery hours: M-F, 12-6 p.m.
ENTRY FEE: $5 PER PIECE. Limited to 5 entries. Current Fairbanks Arts members receive a fee waiver on the third entry (2 or 3 pieces for $10.00, 4 pieces for $15.00, 5 for $20.00). Once an artwork has left the gallery, the artist may put a new work in its place. There is no entry fee for additional works after sales of initial entries.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with membership inquires.
- Entries submitted only by the artist & limited to five entries.
- Only open to artists 18 years and older residing in the Interior of Alaska, Doyon Region.
- Original artwork only. Work must reflect the artist’s unique creative effort.
- No kits. No copies or exact replicas of other original artwork or published artwork (no copies of any published images or copyrighted characters, i.e. Disney).
- Work must have been completed within the last two years and not previously exhibited in the Bear Gallery.
- Selected entries remain on view through 6 p.m., Friday, November 27, 2020.
- Entries will be handled with the greatest possible care and are insured against damage or loss for the duration of the exhibit. Fairbanks Arts Association is not responsible for minor wear resulting from normal handling.
- Artwork should be photographed or digitally copied before being entered. If artwork sells before getting photographed or copied, Fairbanks Arts Association will no longer release the work to the artist, it will go to the buyer.
- Fairbanks Arts Association retains a 35% commission on all exhibit sales. Works will be for sale unless noted as NFS (Not for Sale). Artists’ payments will be made within 30 days of the exhibit’s closure.
- Artist agrees to allow the use of images of the work for promoting the show.
- Submitting an entry constitutes an agreement on the part of the artist to all conditions in the prospectus.
- Works will be considered Fairbanks Arts property if left in the care of Fairbanks Arts for more than 45 days after the determined pick-up day, Sunday, November 29, 2020. During this period, three attempts will also be made to contact the artist (phone and email); if no communication is established during these attempts, the artwork is automatically considered abandoned and becomes Fairbanks Arts property without further notice.
- Submit the online registration form BEFORE you bring your artwork to the Bear Gallery.
- Entries must be ready for display. Works to be hung on the wall must have wire hangers. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS will be permitted.
- Unusual hanging mechanisms must be approved by Fairbanks Arts, call 907-251-8386 ext. 12.
- Quilts must have 2 inches of Velcro stitched along the entire top and bottom: NO VELCRO, NO ACCEPTANCE.
Limited Edition Registration Deadline: 12pm on Saturday, October 31st.