Fairbanks Arts Association is seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team. The position pays $17/hr and is full-time, requiring 35-40 hours per week, and reports to the Executive Director. The Program Coordinator works some evenings and weekends, depending on programs schedule. All scheduling to be approved by Fairbanks Arts Association’s Operations Manager.
Planning and implementing quality programs is a core responsibility of this position, which includes coordination of literary, visual, performing, and cinema programs. This role is an opportunity for someone to dive into the Fairbanks Arts community and is ideal for someone who thinks critically, takes initiative, and enjoys learning and contributing in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent project management, organizational, and time management skills
- High-level efficiency, recall, and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple work assignments, and meet deadlines with focus
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite products
- Ability to work with staff members, volunteers, and patrons with a high level of professionalism, diplomacy, and tact
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment and often in a collaborative manner
- Experience working in a non-profit arts organization is preferred
- Must have excellent follow-through and persistence in corresponding with program participants and volunteers
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and manage program development and execution while coordinating with appropriate staff on all aspects (publicity, volunteer needs, etc.)
- Maintain and coordinate in-house programs schedule and update internal calendars with all Fairbanks Arts Association program details
- Work with the Communications and Outreach Coordinator to plan, promote and present all Fairbanks Arts programs, events, and activities
- Develop strategies for the promotion of Fairbanks Arts programs, events, and activities including identifying target audiences and the most effective methods of reaching them in collaboration with Communications and Outreach Coordinator
- Maintain complete program files and complete reports/ evaluations on all programs for future program development
- Develop and strengthen relationships with local and regional program contacts
- Maintain databases of community contacts
- Provide weekly program updates to FAA staff
- Provide program updates to FAA advisory program committees
About Fairbanks Arts Programs
The Program Coordinator will work closely with all staff members and volunteers to develop and implement various aspects of programs. The ability to delegate tasks to program volunteers with accuracy and patience is of key importance. Volunteer assistance bolsters community involvement in the organization and is of great help to the Program Coordinator. Visual and Literary programs are the most time intensive programs, while performing and cinema programs require significantly less time.
Visual Arts Programs
- Monthly exhibits in the Bear Gallery, including juried exhibits, traveling shows, an open entry show, and solo exhibits.
- Bear Gallery Gift Shop features monthly gift shop artist of the month, Watercolor corner artist and 100+ visual artists.
- Portfolio Review- Annual solo/group exhibit selection process. Portfolio deadline is October 31st each year and the review process concludes in mid-November.
- Participation in the Visual Arts Committee- VAC meetings are comprised of a couple of FAA staff and interested members from the community who help guide FAA’s visual arts programming. VAC meetings take place 4-5 times a year and last 1.5-2 hours each.
- Workshops and small events – Fairbanks Arts hosts a number of professional development workshops through the year and some smaller events like our November Mini-Bazaars in the gallery.
- Other events, as assigned. FAA would like to remain open to visual arts programming opportunities that may come along and details will be discussed should they arise.
Literary Arts Programs
- Monthly readings in the Bear Gallery- these readings should be scheduled months in advance.
- Alaska Reads biennial program, is a statewide reading initiative that was started in 2015 and has been re-homed with Fairbanks Arts in 2017.
- Statewide Poetry Contest- Annual event with Elementary, Middle School, High School and Adult divisions.
- Workshops and small events – Fairbanks Arts hosts a number of professional development workshops through the year and some smaller events like special receptions for local writers.
- Participation in the Literary Arts Committee (LAC)- LAC meetings are comprised of a couple of Fairbanks Arts staff and interested members from the community who help guide Fairbanks Arts literary arts programming. LAC meetings take place 4-5 times a year and last 1.5-2 hours each.
- Other events, as assigned. Fairbanks Arts would like to remain open to literary arts programming opportunities that may come along and details will be discussed should they arise.
Performing Arts Programs
- Gazebo Nights summer performance series nightly from June-August – local performers are featured from 7-8pm nightly.
- TIPS Program (Totally Impromptu Performance Series) is a busking program in the park.
- Other performance opportunities – Fairbanks Arts often collaborates with other groups or facilitates performances for performers passing through.
- Fairbanks Film Festival is on hiatus with plans to reintroduce the festival. Program Coordinator will assist in efforts associated with cinema programming.
Please send a cover letter detailing how you would contribute to the programs at Fairbanks Arts Association, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com