Fairbanks Arts Association is seeking a Bookkeeper to join our team. This is a part-time position targeted for 20-25 hours per week and pays $18/hr. Benefits not included.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports for Fairbanks Arts Association and provides financial support to the Executive Director through bookkeeping, payroll, banking, and reporting services. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Bookkeeper maintains all necessary and appropriate records, files, and processes to ensure the smooth and compliant financial operation of the organization, focusing on accuracy and transparency. This position will also perform some administrative support to ensure timely delivery of donor acknowledgments. Hours are flexible, but require reliable and punctual attendance. May be required to work on occasional weekends and evenings in support of special events.
Reports to: Executive Director
Open until filled
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient using QuickBooks
- Proficient using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities successfully
- Ability to work with staff members, volunteers, and patrons with a high level of professionalism, diplomacy, and tact
- Must be comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Understanding of accounting principles and standards of nonprofit organizations; experience working in a similar position
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is preferred
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, payroll, journal entries, and bank reconciliation
- Issue checks in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that all expenditures are appropriately categorized; Ensure revenue is appropriately categorized
- Record donations, grants, contracts, pledges, etc.
- Communicate with Executive Director regarding the timing of deposits and payments in order to ensure adequate cash flow.
- Process new employee paperwork; Process payroll twice monthly
- Maintain supply of checks for each bank account
- Prepare for and cooperate with outside CPA to perform an annual financial review
- Prepare year-end IRS/State filings
- Participate in quarterly spot checks by Finance Committee
- Prepare monthly financial reports, including standard financial reports and grant-specific financial reports
- Work with administrative team to ensure proper contracting with all vendors
- Perform administrative support to ensure timely delivery of donor acknowledgments
- Proactively maintain highly organized filing system; files invoices, insurance information, membership records, donations (cash & in-kind), and other financial records
- Provide support at fundraising and program events, handling and organizing the majority of financial transactions
- Other duties as assigned
Please send a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Subject Line: Bookkeeper Application
About Fairbanks Arts: Fairbanks Arts Association is a dynamic organization that has served Interior Alaska through the arts since 1966 with quality visual, literary, performing and arts education programs. Fairbanks Arts plays a central leadership role in the arts community, providing opportunities and resources for artists and organizations and believes in building a vibrant, healthy community through the arts.
FAIRBANKS ARTS ASSOCIATION
PO Box 72786, Fairbanks AK 99707 | 907.456.6485 | email@example.com