12-6pm Sunday, October 28th
12-6pm Monday, October, 29th
Deliver entries to Fairbanks Arts’ BEAR GALLERY (3rd Floor- Alaska Centennial Center for the Arts, Pioneer Park, 2300 Airport Way)
First Friday Reception: Nov. 2nd, 5-7pm
On view: November 2nd- December 1st, 2018
Bear Gallery (3rd Floor AK Centennial Center for the Arts, Pioneer Park, 2300 Airport Way)
DESCRIPTION: There will be no jury process associated with this exhibit; this is an open invitation exhibit for Interior Alaskan artists. Works must be no larger than 12 inches in any direction, this includes the size of the frame. This exhibit consists of a buy, take and replace model. All works on view must be available for purchase. Once purchased, a buyer can take the work immediately upon payment. Once the artwork has left the gallery, the artist may put a new work in its place.
OPEN TO THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
Painting – Drawing – Ceramics – Original Prints – Sculpture – Mixed-Media – Photography
If you have a question about if your work is suitable for entry, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENTRY FEE: $5 PER PIECE. Limited to 5 entries. Current FAA members receive a fee waiver on the third entry (2 or 3 pieces for $10.00, 4 pieces for $15.00). Once an artwork has left the gallery, the artist may put a new work in its place. There is no entry fee for additional works after sales of initial entries.
- Entries submitted only by the artist & limited to five entries.
- Only open to artists residing in the Interior of Alaska, Doyon Region.
- Original artwork only. Student work must reflect the artist’s unique creative effort.
- No kits. No copies or exact replicas of other original artwork or published artwork. (No copies of any published images or copyrighted characters, i.e. Disney.)
- Work must have been completed within the last two years and not previously exhibited in the Bear Gallery.
- Selected entries remain on view through 6pm, Saturday, December 1st, 2018. Work will not be available for pick up until Sunday, December 2nd at noon. If you need to pick up early for any reason, you must contact Fairbanks Arts at 456-6485 ext. 226 and make arrangements.
- Entries will be handled with the greatest possible care and are insured against damage or loss for the duration of the exhibit. Fairbanks Arts is not responsible for minor wear resulting from normal handling.
- Fairbanks Arts retains a 35% commission on all exhibit sales. All entered works must be available for purchase. Artist’s payments will be made within 30 days of the exhibit’s closure.
- Submitting an entry constitutes agreement on the part of the artist to all conditions in the prospectus.
- Entries must be ready for display, matted and framed. Works to be hung on the wall must have a secure wire hanger or similar device. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS will be permitted.
- Unusual hanging mechanisms must be approved by Fairbanks Arts, call 456-6485 ext. 226.
- All quilts must have velcro on the back for wall hanging. NO VELCRO, NO ACCEPTANCE.
Fairbanks Arts Mini-Bazaars will take place on Saturdays in November (3rd, 17th and 24th) in the Bear Gallery from 10am-5pm while Limited Edition is on view. If you are an artist or artisan and would like to purchase a space for one or more day, please fill out the form below. Spots are available for the first ten to sign up for each day.