We are looking for a Visual Arts Coordinator to join our team!
Fairbanks Arts Association is seeking a Visual Arts Coordinator (VAC) to join our team. The position pays $18/hr and is full-time requiring 30-40 hours per week and reports to the Visual Arts Advisor. The VAC works some evenings and weekends, depending on programs. All scheduling to be approved by Fairbanks Arts’ Executive Director.
The VAC works in cooperation with Fairbanks Arts’ staff and is responsible for implementing quality visual arts programs, planning and organizing materials for upcoming exhibitions and visual arts events, deepening program participation, and making the general public aware of Fairbanks Arts visual arts’ programs and activities. This position is an opportunity for someone to dive into the Fairbanks Arts community and is ideal for someone who enjoys interacting with the public, thinks critically, takes initiative, enjoys organization, and values learning and contributing in a fast-paced environment.
The VAC will work directly with the Exhibition Technician (ET) and Visual Arts Advisor (VAA). The ET installs each month’s exhibitions and works in-person with the artists/curators. The VAC will oversee communications and materials from artists/curators, coordinate and plan for the ET’s needs for the exhibition, and aid with the installation process. The VAA will manage the VAC’s trajectory and will aid in overseeing a long-term view of visual arts programming.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management, organizational, and time management skills
- High-level efficiency, recall, and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple work assignments, and meet deadlines with focus
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
- Ability to work with staff members, volunteers, and patrons with a high level of professionalism, diplomacy, and tact
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment and in a collaborative manner
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is preferred
- Must have excellent follow-through and persistence in corresponding with program participants, media contacts, and volunteers
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement and facilitate visual arts programs while coordinating with appropriate staff on all aspects (volunteer needs, publicity, sales, etc.)
- Coordinate and maintain in-house programs schedule and update internal calendars with all Fairbanks Arts program details
- Coordinate scheduling and planning with the Exhibition Technician
- Communicate important information clearly and regularly with exhibitors
- Maintain program files and complete reports/evaluations
- Provide weekly program updates to Fairbanks Arts staff
- Connecting prospective audiences with exhibitions based on special interests
Visual arts programming the VAC position will encompass:
- Monthly exhibitions in the Bear Gallery, including juried, traveling, open entry, and solo/group shows
- Workshops/artist talks
- Annual exhibition application process
- Visual Arts Committee
- Other events, as assigned. Fairbanks Arts would like to remain open to visual arts program opportunities that may come along and details will be discussed should they arise
Please send a cover letter detailing how you would contribute to visual arts programming at Fairbanks Arts Association, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com.
No Facebook applications will be considered.
About Fairbanks Arts: Fairbanks Arts Association is a dynamic organization that has served Interior Alaska through the arts since 1966 with quality visual, literary, performing and arts education programs. Fairbanks Arts plays a central leadership role in the arts community, providing opportunities and resources for artists and organizations and believes in building a vibrant, healthy community through the arts.