Fairbanks Arts Association invites current members to submit their work for the 2019 Member Invitational Exhibition on view January 4 – 26. There will be no jury process or fee associated with this exhibit; this show is an open invitation to all artists with a current Fairbanks Arts membership. Each artist is allowed one entry that best exemplifies their work.
Not a current member? You may join as a member at any level when you bring in your artwork.
Saturday, December 29, 12pm – 6pm
Sunday, December 30, 12pm – 6pm
Deliver entries to the Fairbanks Arts Association’s Bear Gallery
(3rd Floor of the Alaska Centennial Center for the Arts) Pioneer Park, 2300 Airport Way
Friday, January 4, 5pm – 7pm
Friday, January 4 – Saturday, January 26
- Limited to one entry, submitted only by the artist and must be a current Fairbanks Arts Member.
- Current Fairbanks Arts Members statewide (AK) may submit artworks.
- Original artwork only. Work must reflect the artist’s unique creative effort.
- No kits. No copies or exact replicas of other original artwork or published artwork (no copies of any published images or copyrighted characters, i.e. Disney).
- Work must have been completed within the last five years and not previously exhibited in the BEAR GALLERY.
- Selected entries remain on view through Saturday, January 26, 2019.
- Entries will be handled with the greatest possible care and are insured against damage or loss for the duration of the exhibit. Fairbanks Arts Association is not responsible for minor wear resulting from normal handling.
- Fairbanks Arts Association retains a 35% commission on all exhibit sales. Works will be for sale unless noted as NFS (Not for Sale). Artists’ payments will be made within 30 days of the exhibit’s closure.
- Artist agrees to allow use of images of their work for promoting the show.
- Submitting an entry constitutes agreement on the part of the artist to all conditions in the prospectus.
- Entries must be ready for display. Works to be hung on the wall must have wire hangers. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS.
- Unusual hanging mechanisms must be approved by Fairbanks Arts, call 456-6485 ext. 226.
- Quilts must have 2 inches of Velcro stitched along the entire top: NO VELCRO, NO ACCEPTANCE.