Great news Fairbanks- The Fairbanks Arts Association has received the opportunity to extend the deadline for the Mayor’s Awards nominations! This means there are nearly two more weeks for you to get a nomination in to us for an outstanding member of the arts community.
Awards are open to all individuals or groups, residing in the interior of Alaska who have made significant contributions to contemporary and/or traditional arts within Alaska’s Interior. A person who receives an award is not eligible to receive the same award within the next four years; they may be nominated for a different category within that time frame. Fairbanks Arts Association staff are not eligible to be nominated or nominate awardees.
Categories of Awards:
- Arts and Leadership Award: recognizes individuals or organizations that have contributed to the promotion of the arts in the Interior.
- Volunteer Award: recognizes individuals or organizations, whose support of the arts through volunteer service, has made a significant impact on the arts in the Interior.
- Arts Advocacy Award: recognizes individuals or organizations who champion the arts with advocacy that supports the development of arts programming within the Interior.
- Youth Arts Award: recognizes individuals (regardless of age) or organizations whose efforts advance arts among young people.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: recognizes a lifetime of endeavors in the field of arts.
Nominations may be submitted up until 6:00 PM on February 25. Submissions may be e-mailed, hand delivered to our office on the first floor of Pioneer Park’s Alaska Centennial Center for the Arts or mailed to: Fairbanks Arts Association, PO Box 72786, Fairbanks, AK 99707
Contact Jess at email@example.com or 456.6485 ext. 227 for questions.